If there’s something Hollywood has taught us, is that the future can be a really messed up place. Murderous robots, apocalyptic wastelands, cybernetic barbarism…not a very good perspective, is it? Ironically, a dystopian future may also be a hell of a source of geeky entertainment, and good proof of that is June’s Lootcrate: a delightful pack of killing machines, cyborg heroes and reflections of an era where the humanity concept itself fights for survive. No time like the present, huh?
Let’s see what this disturbing yet pretty cool future brings us:
– This month’s T-shirt is one of the coolest we have ever seen in any crate. Period. Because, Robocop is cool, but how many cool merchandise you see around there worthy of Alex Murphy’s cybernetic glory? Not much. But this T-shirt is definitely one of them. Dead or alive, you’re coming with me!
– Speaking of badass robotic beings, Terminator may well be the biggest (cyber) fish on town. With this exclusive Terminator 2 Metal Print, now you can display one of the creepiest faces of all sci-fi universes.
– Remember The Matrix? The Wachowski bros apocalyptic cyberpunk fable of humankind’s unstoppable resolution against machine’s might seemed to completely fade away long time ago, but it will live forever in our geeky hearts. With this exclusive puzzle, you can create (literally) a better future for the sons of Zion.
– If you like video games and bizarre futures, you surely know the Bioshock franchise. With this exclusive Key Blank, your fate will be, literally, in your hands.
– Who said that the nuclear Apocalypse couldn’t be adorable? This Fallout 4 Power Armor Dorbz figurine not only look amazing in your self, but will also give you some insight into what will all be wearing in a (hopefully) distant future.
¿Not enough? You know what they say, the future is not written, let alone the crappy ones: here’s this month’s Level Up!, your extra dose of geek awesomeness.
– Suppose we are living in a near future, where everything look as it is expected except for the recurrent attacks and practical jokes of annoying, ectoplasmic ghostly creatures…who you gonna call? Exactly! This exclusive Ghostbusters baseball jersey is perfect for show in both Yankees Stadium and the nearest movie theater that you ain’t afraid of no ghost .
– Now imagine that tomorrow an insect-like alien race arrives to our planet…and gets ostracized in disgusting shanty towns courtesy of the lovely human race. If you have recognized the premise of the movie District 9, this T-shirt is for you.
– What if our fate lies in the immensity of space, in a universe where spaceships filled with American-Chinese descendants and Wild West style outlaws are just part of life? Joss Wheddon thought about that a while ago, and since then Firefly fans still live under the Browncoats creed. Keep flying with this lovely Kaylee hanging travel case, a true symbol of your devotion to one of the coolest and most unique sci-fi shows ever.
– Socks, of course! Star Trek and Fallout 4 are the franchises selected to gear up your feet this month.
– Finally, fans of the insanely cool anime Attack on Titan (if you haven’t seen it yet, go to Netflix right away) will appreciate this adjustable necklace with the winged emblem of the Scout Regiment.
Next month we will explore the best and wackiest sci-fi universes of all pop culture. Futurama, Rick & Morty…now this is a future I will gladly wait for!
Disclaimer level 1: The author received a sample of the product, which didn’t influence the author’s opinions. The author wasn’t compensated to write a review of the product. This post contains NO affilate links. To learn about our editorial policies, please click here or visit our “About” page.