Wanderlusters are rare and splendorous creatures that love to travel and discover new places. Usually hard to gift due to the many TSA restrictions and the ever-shrinking pieces of luggage included with their airfare, wanderlusters truly appreciate a thoughtfully chosen gift that will help them with their travels and adventures. But fear not, for at New York For Beginners we are never lost. Next destination: the best gifts for travelers.
1. Verloop Essential Travel Wrap ($78.00): A cerulean dream with yellow tassels, this cozy wrap is a true multitasker that will make any traveler’s dreams come true. Insanely soft and extremely chic, it is the perfect accessory for travelers as it can be worn as a ruana, wrap, or oversized scarf. Plus, it doubles up as a cool and lightweight blanket for the plane that won’t give you static electricity. Available in 12 solid colors with matching or assorted color tassels, it has a tasteful seamless construction that makes it the perfect gift for travelers. A basic staple in the travelers packable wardrobe, it can either be worn with jeans for a trendy outfit or help elevate a cool winter look paired up with a traditional black coat. Wanderlusters, beware: This wrap elicits strong jealousy feelings, so make sure to keep it in sight at all times.
2. Talia OPUS Rose Gold Little Black Box : Talia is an haute customizable jewelry brand that allows you to make your own combinations with its interchangeable pendants and charms. This box is perfect for the frequent traveler, as it contains nine enameled charms, three rods and a long adjustable chain so your loved one can create unique looks for every single occasion. Handcrafted from precious 925 sterling silver, the charms in this gift set are studded with diamond-cut CZ and hand-applied enamel. The perfect gift for the discerning traveler who doesn’t want to sacrifice her sense of style when flying the blue skies. Talia’s Rose Gold Little Black Box truly makes traveling with days’ worth of jewelry a piece of cake!
3. SkyPro Pamela Manalo Tall Boots ($270.00): Inspired by the needs of flight attendants and crafted in Portugal with the softest leather, these tall boots are a wanderluster’s dream come true. Specifically designed for cabin crew members, they feature anti-skid and anti-static rubber soles for all-day comfort. And these boots look great with virtually anything! From skirts to jeans or even work pants (I love them paired with these Betabrand dress yoga pants), they are a New Yorker’s best friend for cold, rainy days. The Pamela Manalo boots are crafted with the proprietary FullSense SkyProtect technology: anti-skid, anti-static, alarm-free, and manufactured with ambicork for absolute comfort. And what does this mean? For starters, that your loved one won’t need to remove the boots when going through the security line. Also, that she will be spared skating on the streets when it rains in the winter. In short, these classic and multi-tasking boots are the perfect gift for the avid traveler who loves to look great, stay comfortable, and be able to do high-altitude tasks without a flinch!
4. Workman Publishers Atlas Obscura (second edition, $37.50): When the fist edition of Atlas Obscura was released, it whetted the adventure appetitie of millions of people, who were taken off the beaten path to discover a strange and marvelous hidden world. This new revised and updated version includes over 100 new entries, 12 full-page city guides, a new foldout map augmented with a dream itinerary for the ultimate around-the-world trip, and a calendar of interesting festivals around the world. The perfect gift for the explorer in your life, it is the perfect compendium for the lovers of cabinets of curiosities and for those who like to learn more about the cultures of the world. A fascinating read to travel with the mind, it is also the perfect guide to plan your next adventure with your loved ones.
5. Aromatherapy Associates Support and Travel Edit ($54.00): Unleash the power of high-quality aromatherapy products at home and beyond. The experts at Aromatherapy Associates have curated the perfect travel kit to take care of mind, body, and skin while living memorable adventures. This travel-friendly edit is packed with everything your loved one will need relax and soothe during the trip. The Support Lavender & Peppermint Bath & Shower Oil soothes overheated skin and calms the nervous system after a long day. Support Breathe Roller Ball eases the effects of stuffy environments, even if your flying neighbors aren’t exactly a picture-perfect model of good manners, and the De-Stress Muscle Gel soothes a travel-weary body. And, to avoid the negative effects of flying coach on the skin, the set includes a Hydrosol Sheet Mask to plump fatigued skin before landing, as well as a mini Intensive Skin Treatment Oil to rejuvenate and protect. A perfect gift for the wanderlust who likes to get pampered on the go, all the products in the kit are TSA-friendly and made with natural ingredients.
6. Cartwright Privacy Bag Mini ($48.00): Give the gift of peace of mind with this sleek, chic and stylish lockable bag with a signature combination lock to secure your loved one’s most private possessions. Luxurious and understated, it is perfect for the avid traveler who likes to visit places with the reassurance that her or his passport (or other valuables) aren’t left unattended. It fits in any briefcase, diaper bag or handbag for a sleek and smooth experience. Finished in durable nylon with full-grain leather details, it is perfect to conceal important documents, credit cards, currency, or even jewelry during trips, a SoulCycle class, or date night. A super chic accessory for the fashionable wanderlust, The Mini is small yet mighty. And did we mention that it comes packaged in a superb luxury box that will look great under any Christmas tree?
7. Alana Mitchell 4 in 1 Cleansing Sponge ($9.00): For those who like to travel light, this 4-in-1 cleansing sponge is the perfect stocking stuffer. A sponge infused with a soft lather that doubles up as a cleanser, facial mask, exfoliator and moisturizer, it is the perfect travel accessory for short trips. Each sponge delivers an average of 5 applications, and it takes a minimal space in the prime real estate of a carry-on bag. TSA-friendly, this neat little product is the best friend of the serious wanderluster who opts for easy solutions when away from home.
8. Axel & Ash Life’s a Roadtrip Travel Journal ($39.99 AUD): We all have an adventurous relative who absolutely loves to explore new countries and discover bold experiences around the world whenever possible. This handy and elegant journal is just perfect to document and record every aspect of her or his trips while being inspired by stunning photographs, lists of out off the beaten track locations, and motivational quotes from professional wanderlusters. Life’s a ROADTRIP includes fun writing prompts, striking pictures and inspiring stories from free-spirited travelers. A perfect gift for the traveler in your life, this inspiring journal will surely get her or his creative juices flowing to capture the thrill of discovering new places.
9. Colorescience Sun Protection Holiday Duo ($49.00): Face sunburns can be quite a grinch. This Christmas, bring the present of a safe skin with this brush-on SPF 50+ physical sunscreen and a full-size lip shine SPF 35 in a limited edition Plum shade. The perfect gift for the travelers who love outdoors adventures, this cute pack is TSA-friendly and doubles up as an emergency beauty kit (the lip shine looks beautiful as an impromptu blush!) And don’t be fooled by its compact size: This superhero gift set packs a punch and will become your loved one’s best friend for her or his adventures around the Globe.
10. Visitag Custom Elastic Bag Tag ($14.95): ‘Tis shouldn’t be the season of losing your belongings at the airport just because some dimwit has taken your bags by mistake. With these personalized, colorful and heavy-duty luggage tags, you can make sure that your loved one’s luggage will stand out from the usual ocean of dull, boring travel bags in style. A truly thoughtful gift for the avid traveler, they come in many different colors to suit everybody’s tastes. Available in one-side or two-side embroidery, the tags come in twelve colors for limitless combinations. Manufactured with love in the USA, the thoughtful design of Visitag includes an interior transparent sleeve to add the contact information of the recipient.