Wanderlusters are avid travelers that are naturally drawn to other cultures to learn as much as they can from their trips. Finding a fabulous gift for a wanderluster can be complicated, as the security transportation regulations evolve constantly. Fear not: At New York For Beginners, we have curated for you a special selection of magnificent gifts for the traveler and the culturally curious to make your gift giving season a whole lot easier.
Care to join us in an awe-inspiring trip?
1. Hair, Face and Body Solid Beauty Samplers by Ethique ($17.20 / each): Ethique is an Australian company whose mission is to create less plastic waste by making solid beauty products packed with natural ingredients. Aside from making a wonderful eco-conscious gift, these sampler packs are a godsend for those who love traveling without checking bags. For instance, the hair sampler pack contains three different shampoos, a conditioner, and a wonderful multitasking bar that can be used as a shaving companion or as an emergency hair deep mask treatment. A single pack can last as much as a whole month, making them the ideal companion for the avid wanderluster who doesn’t want to carry a thousand personal care bottles while she or he can use that space to pack an incredible local literature book or a meaningful memento of a trip. Also, if you happen to know a discerning beauty addict, they are a fantastic way to discover new favorites in the green beauty trend, for under $20. In my book, that’s an absolute winner!
2. Bali Escape Set by Juara Skincare ($35.00): An incredible gift for the culturally curious, this set contains a candlenutperfume oil and the most decadent hand and nail balm. Inspired by the traditional Indonesian beauty rituals, Juara has packed together two beauty products representative of the Bali way of life that smell like the wisdom of the little things that make life important. As a bonus, both products can be packed safely in a carry-on bag for a portable and indulgent experience that will delight those who love to travel⸺either in the flesh or with their minds.
3. For Her Trio Travel Gift Set by Narciso Rodriguez ($65.00): A trio of minis of one of the most elegant, sensual and mysterious fragrances. With a signature heart of musk, this gift set declines the celebrated Narciso Rodriguez genius in a delicate eau de toilette, a voluptuous eau de parfum, and a decadent eau de parfum poudree where roses, spices and amber wood play with the senses. An ideal gift for those wanderlusters who like to pack light yet have the right perfume for each occasion. This set made in France includes: Eau de
toilette, 0.34 oz.; Eau de parfum, 0.34 oz.; Eau de parfum poudree, 0.34
4. Wanderlust Canvas Utility Pouch by Clava Bags ($40.00): Clava specializes in beautiful bags and accessories personalized with a monogram of the recipient’s name or initials. For the avid Manhattanite that wants to take a piece of the Big Apple in all her adventures, this beautiful canvas bag is roomy enough to contain the smaller belongings and accessories. Versatile and stylish, the interior features a full-length drop pocket to help keep everything neat and tidy. Our Wanderlust Canvas Utility Pouch features a cool embroidery with NYC on the front, but can be personalized with any monogram that your heart (or the recipient’s heart) desires. An ideal gift for Gothamists and the obsessed with New York City.
5. Happiest In Brooklyn Ashton Sweatshirt by Happiest Tee ($98.00): New York City has the everlasting quality of those cities that evoke dreamy adventures by just saying their name out loud. Happiest Tee has created the ultimate apparel piece for those of us who have experienced Brooklyn long and deep enough to deem it a happy place for our heart and soul. Made with the softest material and a beautifully draped design, it celebrates yours wanderluster’s favorite destination in style and comfort. A beautiful gift to take a piece of the city that never sleeps to new and exciting adventures. Plus, the ballerina neckline adds a touch of glam to any traveling look. Available in vintage grey (pictured) and black.
6. Natural Wellness Aromatherapy Gift Set by 21 Drops ($50.00): Essential oils can be wonderful wellness companions if used with care and following some basic precautions. 21 Drops has taken off the guesswork by making portable and already pre-diluted blends in the most convenient roll-on format. This Natural Wellness Aromatherapy Gift Set contains six of their bestselling blends to help support a balanced and graceful state: Detox, Headache, Passion, De-Stress, Immunity, and Sleep. An ideal companion for any travel, they can be packed in the carry-on bag to help with minor ailments anytime and anywhere. A perfect gift for the green wanderluster who wants a gentle introduction to the world of natural essential oils.
7. Essential Travel Kit for Dry Hair by John Master’s Organics ($28.00): Organic beauty lovers, rejoice! John Master’s Organics has read my green mind and has launched a beautiful travel kit with TSA-compliant hair care essentials. Packed in the cutest zippered bag, it contains a travel-sized Evening Primrose Shampoo for Dry Hair, a Lavender and Avocado Intensive Conditioner, a Deep Scalp Follicle Treatment and Volumizer, and a 100% Argan Oil. An ideal gift for the avid traveler who thinks living adventures isn’t an excuse for a bad hair day, it will surely delight the pickiest of wanderlusters with its green and sulfate-free formulas. Did we mention that the zippered pouch is to die for?
8. Travel Map Laundry Bags by Kikkerland ($20.00): Who said that it’s difficult to travel the world in style? This delightful set includes four laundry bags with a travel map print that make it a breeze to separate dirty laundry from Insta-worthy outfits. With a large laundry bag, a shoe bag, a personal items bag, and a pouch to hold them all, it is the ideal gift for the wanderluster that wants to keep a tidy luggage safe from prying eyes. Guaranteed: no more embarrassment at the airport caused by opening a piece of luggage full of dirty clothes.
9. Artisan Cozy Gift Basket by GlobeIn ($60.00): For the avid traveler that doesn’t have the money to live adventures elsewhere, GlobeIn curates a monthly subscription box with fair-trade items from around the world. A beautiful gift to discover ancestral artisanry, each box contains an assortment of high-quality lifestyle pieces that bring to mind the savoir faire of different cultures. Pictured here is the Cozy Gift Basket, which contains a hand-painted mug from Tunisia, a snuggly 100% cotton scarf from the mountains of Thailand, a decadent organic Ghanaian cocoa powder, and a beautiful handmade basket. The Cozy Gift Basket can be purchased as a one-time introduction to GlobeIn and their monthly subscription boxes.
10. Mile High Skin Savers by LATHER ($49.00): Let’s be honest: Traveling is great for your soul but a very bad idea for your skin. The dry, stale air inside an airplane can destroy even the most balanced of skins and leave you looking like a jet-lagged mop once you arrive at your destination. Believe me: It’s never pretty to have your family comment on how bad you look after a transcontinental flight. Every. Single. Time. This year, LATHER has come to the rescue of the likes of me with a beautiful set that contains everything you need for a smooth take-off. Packed in an incredible zippered pouch, this set includes a trove of treasures to guarantee your beauty sleep. To make your flight more comfortable, a pair of cozy socks, an eyemask, and a lip conditioning balm will help you unwind, no matter who is sitting next to you. To keep your skin perfectly hydrated, the cucumber and ginseng facial mist helps quench skin during the flight, the lightweight moisture magnet serum provides much-needed hydration with sodium hyaluronate, and the hand therapy cream relieves and revives dry, stressed hands.
11. Universal Travel Adapter by Kikkerland ($14): Traveling is great, but what happens when your technology runs out of juice and you realize that your destination doesn’t use the same electrical system? With this portable solution designed by the masterminds at Kikkerland, anyone can have the world at her or his fingertips with worldwide compatibility. Ultra compact and lightweight, it is the perfect solution for the savvy traveler who appreciates the convenience of having every travel adapter in a small and ingenious device. An ideal gift for the discerning wanderluster.
Disclosure Level 1: The author received NO compensation to
write this article. The author received samples of the products
mentioned for editorial consideration, which didn’t influence the
decision to write about the brand nor the opinions expressed. All links
are for the readers’ further information and aren’t part of an affiliate