August is here and there’s still a lot of summer to go! If you’re packing your beauty buddies to enjoy a well-deserved vacation (or a glam staycation), don’t forget to check out these smart summer essentials that will save you time and packing space—they will make your life sooo much easier!
(Psst… Follow the pretty bold pink links to learn more about the products!)
1. Hot in the Hamptons nail polish by Trust Fund Beauty ($15): This vibrant pink is an insanely chic shade that happens to be vegan, cruelty-free and 10-free (which means Trust Fund Beauty got rid of ten of the most dangerous nasties that happen to be used in the nail polish industry, including formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, formaldehyde resin, xylene, parabens, fragrances, phthalates, and animal ingredients.) Who said green can’t be fashionable?
2. Lisse Luxe hair towel by Aquis ($30): Calling all mermaids! Do you want to cut your drying and styling time in half while keeping your frizz under control? Start by using the right towel! I recently came across Aquis, a brand specialized in creating towels and turbans that absorb water without damaging the hair cuticle. If you have a tremendously curly hair like mine, this means less frizz and less breakage for a fuller, healthier mane. It literally soaks up water in a matter of minutes, so pack one of this and ditch your haidryer for a vacation with less hair woes and more time to enjoy yourself. But beware: once you start using this you won’t go back to a regular towel. If you want to learn more about how to use this towel, Sephora has a great Q&A section that speaks about Aquis here.
3. Thai Coconut Beach Waves by The Gnarly Whale ($12): This all-natural sea salt spray is your perfect companion for a glam staycation. With a scent that screams paradise and a formula that creates subtle waves and gives volume to wet hair, this spray will help you rock the Californian vibe without having to leave New York City (and who would want to do that anyway?)
4. Pink polarized sunglasses by Polaroid (pricing varies by store): These sunglasses have been my best buddies ever since I came across the word polarized at Vision Expo East. Aside from being extremely lightweight and having a flexible frame, their lenses prevent sunglare. In a nutshell, I haven’t seen more truer colors nor more defined images with any other sunglasses.
5. Classic hot pink refillable perfume spray by Travalo ($12): If you want to travel with your perfume but could do without the hassle of having to pack it separately, Travalo is your solution. With a patented refill system, Travalo allows you to collect your favorite scent directly from its bottle without wasting a single drop. Additionally, it is designed to adapt to the changing air pressure to prevent any leaks or spills during the flight. The 5 ml format guarantees 65 sprays, enough to carry your favorite fragrance on vacation while packing light!
What are your favorite beauty hacks to bring with you on vacation?
Disclosure level 1: The author received NO compensation
to write this article. The author received samples of some of the
products featured to test, which did not influence the author’s decision
to feature any item nor the opinions expressed in the article. To learn more about our editorial policies, please click here. This post contains NO affiliate links; links are provided to inform the reader.