What I like least when Mother’s day approaches is the tremendous amount of pitches I get about gifts that aren’t really meant for Mom, but for her role. Thinks like cooking gadgets or smart cleaning devices aren’t thoughtful gifts (unless cooking and cleaning are a hobby for your mother, which I doubt very much), but rather yet other gimmicks that mom will use to help others even further.
That is the reason why my Mother’s Day gift selections concentrate on her, the person that rarely consecrates time to herself. Today’s selection is especially curated to satisfy the inner cravings of the beauty-addict mothers who love make-up and beauty products. In this guide you will find a mix of natural and traditional cosmetics to cater to a wide range of budgets.
(Psst… Follow the pretty bold pink links to learn more about the products!)
1. Merry Maker Eau de Parfum ($55 / 30 ml) by Pinrose: This beautiful blend features nectarine top notes to give an instant happy feeling. Created by master perfumer Christelle Laprade with pregnant women and new mothers in mind, Merry Maker offers aromatherapeutic qualities to ease unpleasant pregnancy side effects and promote bonding between mother and baby. This is an extremely uplifting yet gentle fragrance that is ideal for women of all ages.
2. Lavender soap set ($23) by Lather: This exclusive set for mother’s day includes three totally natural, hand-cut and hand-poured soaps infused with lavender and other soothing botanical blends. With a wonderfully soft oatmeal lavender soap, an intoxicating rose tangerine lavender soap, and an uplifting lavender lime soap, this beautiful gift set will give mothers something they yearn: An excuse for a hot bath and a well-deserved relaxation moment. The kit also includes a wooden soap dish to allow the soaps to dry between uses. This product is 100% natural.
3. Go gorgeous kit ($58) by Skin Authority: This kit of personal-size products is a magnificent introduction to Skin Authority that can be carried on-the-go. It includes four of the bestselling products of the brand for a morning and evening routine that promises smoother, firmer and more hydrated skin: the Daily Cleanser, the Resurfacing Accelerator, the Tri-Power Peptide Hydrator, and a Sunscreen Moisturizer. What I like most about Skin Authority is that it offers a free skin coach to help the recipient of the gift customize a tailor-made beauty routine.
4. The Exfoliant ($39) by Jeffrey James Botanicals: This radiant complexion scrub is one of my best-kept beauty secrets in a jar. It achieves healthy and clear skin using a unique blend of ingredients that are gentle even on my dry and sensitive skin. High in antioxidants and bioflavenoids, this scrub nourishes and
protects the skin while gently exfoliating for accelerated cell
turnover. I love using this product to erase the dullness of my face after a long winter or a particularly exhausting day.
5. Color Me Pink gift set ($49) by 100% Pure: The beautiful Color Me Pink set includes a nail polish and a nail glitter, one lip caramel liquid lipstick in Rum Nougat, and one gemmed lip gloss in Rose Quartz. This is the perfect gift for the green lifestyle mother, because 100% Pure creates its lipsticks using only natural ingredients, and its nail polishes are 10-free (that means they contain no formaldehyde, no toluene, no DBP, no camphor, no formaldehyde resin,
no xylene, no parabens, no fragrances, no phthalates, and no animal
ingredients.) To read my most recent review about the brand, please click here. This product is 100% natural (lip glosses) and 10-free (nail polish.)
6. Relaxing Lavender Gift Set ($24.99) by Badger: If your mother needs a very much well-deserved relaxing moment to herself, she will love this kit featuring organic lavender. In my opinion, lavender has an uplifting fragrance with relaxing qualities, and that’s the reason why I always recommend products with lavender for gifting–I believe our current lifestyle carries too much stress. Badger’s set includes a 4oz. bottle of their lavender aromatherapy massage oil, a small tin of their sleep balm, and a lavender & orange lip balm. This product is 100% natural and USDA-certified organic.
7. Nourish under eye treatment ($12.95) by SallyeAnder: Believe me: Beauty-addict or not, your mother will always remember this gift. SallyeAnder handcrafts extremely gentle yet effective natural beauty products in Brooklyn. This multi-tasking treatment in a lipstick tube is really something else; it nourishes the under-eye area, helps fight puffy and congested eyes before applying make-up, and somehow acts wonderfully against dark circles. Model/actress Coco Baudell swears by it! This product is 100% natural.
8. Eureka Kit ($54) by Yurrku: This eco-luxurious and beautiful gift set features four different formulas from the natural and organic Australian brand. With an eye cream, a day cream, a night cream, and a serum, this kit is a perfect introduction to natural skincare. Chock-full with antioxidants and Australian native nectars and superfruits, Yurrku is inspired by the ancient knowledge of indigenous Australians who have used their knowledge of nature for millennia to protect themselves from the harsh climate. This product is 100% natural.
Disclosure level 1: The author received NO compensation
to write this article. The author received samples of some of the
products featured to test, which did not influence the author’s decision
to feature any item nor the opinions expressed. To learn more about our editorial policies, please click here. This post contains NO affiliate links; links are provided to inform the reader.
Its a good idea to give a beauty product to mom
You made some good points there. I checked on the internet for more information about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this site.