Valentine’s Day is coming up. Whether you plan to gift your significant
other, your BFF, or just treat yo’self, stay tuned! I’ve compiled the
best ideas for all possible budgets. So sit back, relax, and get ready
for some eye candy.
A Spin On The Classics
1. Bear Hugs & Kisses Valentine Sweets Basket by 1-800-Baskets.com ($29.99) – This sweet basket screams love and tenderness. It includes a cute plush teddy bear surrounded by delish treats, including Cheryl’s Chocolate Chip Cookies, a Chocolove Cherries & Almonds Dark Chocolate Bar, Fannie May Milk Chocolates, and Harry & David Moose Munch Gourmet Popcorn in Milk Chocolate. Assembled with a Valentine box and topped with a cute red bow, this is the ideal gift for that special person who needs a much-deserved treat.
2. Spa of the World Tahitian Orchid Massage Oil by The Body Shop ($20) – This traditional massage oil is formulated with the sensuous Tahitian vanilla orchid. Blended with ylang ylang and patchouli, its exquisite scent tantalizes with unrivaled enticing and sensual properties. Moisturizing and quickly absorbed, this is the perfect gift for those who want to spice up their lives with a bit of sensuousness.
3. Pour Un Homme de Caron by Caron ($104) – One of the oldest references in fine perfumery for men, Pour Un Homme de Caron is in itself an ode to the perfect gentleman. Authentic, fresh and sensual, this fragrance will be much appreciated by men of all generations.
4. Body Oil by Norell New York ($80) – Highly enriched with essential oils, this luxurious body oil hydrates and nourishes the skin without leaving a trace of greasy residues. Lavishly scented with the traditional essence of Norell New York Fragrance circa 1968, this body oil is a modern spin on the artistry and craftsmanship of the traditional perfume.
5. The magnified petal skirt by Kellner ($450) – A voluminous and crisp full skirt with a tantalizing red and white print. Designed after the traditional 50s patterns and adapted to the modern woman, this beautiful skirt sits at natural waist and includes side pockets. This is an ideal gift for the vintage lovers who love to support American-made products and designers.
6. Aigyptos Body Candle in a travel tin by Sitota ($12) – Give the gift of romance with a double-performing candle: once lit, it can be used as a massage oil. Sensual, luxurious and utterly indulgent, the body candle creates a warm and
intimate environment. Enriched with shea butter, coconut oil, soy oil, jojoba oil and aloe vera, it is ideal to use after a shower or a decadent bath -alone or in good company.
7. Black Musk Perfume Oil by The Body Shop ($28) – A spin on the traditional Musk perfume, this brazen version is the darkest and most sensual of all. With notes of bambinella pear, pin pepper, and bergamot, this unique fragrance includes an aphrodisiac lift of luscious licorice to deepen further the black vanilla and black musk accords.
Gifting the Green Lifestyler
1. BE MINE FOREVER – Limited Edition Valentine’s Day Try Me Kit by Tata Harper ($55.00) This exclusive Valentine’s Day Edition contains travel sizes of the most sought-after Tata Harper organic cosmetics, all wrapped up in sumptuous red velvet. It includes the Purifying and Nourishing Oil Cleansers, the Moisturizing Mask and Replenishing Nutrient Complex, lipsticks in Very Charming and Very Naughty, a Revitalizing Body Oil, and the Love Potion, an aromatherapy treatment for instant allure. If these wonderful products weren’t enough to fill in the senses, there is a small treat hidden: a Lake Champlain Dark Chocolate heart – because, chocolate!
2. Lip Lush in No Strings by Acure ($5.99) – A beautiful long-lasting red lip gloss enriched with echinacea and edelweiss stem cell to plump and protect lips. Ideal for the Valentine in your life that wants to be pretty and natural without nasty fillers or synthetic ingredients.
3. Rose Nurturing Body Oil by Dr. Hauschka ($29) – This natural and organic formula instantly vanishes into the skin, locking in moisture and leaving behind a wonderfully natural rose scent. The ideal gift for that special person in your life who could benefit from transforming any bathroom into a luxury day spa.
4. OM 011 by LURK ($65 – 1/8 oz.) – Lurk is a luxury all-natural perfume brand that is hand-blended in small batches on Shelter Island. OM 011 is a unisex fragrance that boasts a wide range of exotic and rare essential oils. It’s main ingredient, oudh oil, is distilled from the dark resinous South Asian heartwood. With an intricate and woody fragrance, this rare oil subtly energizes and lifts the mood. The combination with jasmine, one of the most passion-inspiring flowers, lotus and sexy rose notes, LURK OM 11 is a playfully flirtatious fragrance destined to be used on pulse points (the nape of the neck, behind the ears, inside the elbows, and in the wrists.) If you have a Valentine who has gone green, this is an ideal gift to discover an impeccable all-natural fragrance maker.
5. Sensual Vanilla Gift Set by 100% PURE ($54) – This exclusive vegan and all-natural set includes the luxurious Vanilla Bean Body Scrub, a Vanilla Bean Body Cream, and a deliciously scented Peach Candle ideal to set a sensuous mood. 100% PURE products boast one of the cleanest ingredient lists in the market, making this kit a must-have for the green beauty lover in your life.
6. Skin Rescue Nourishing Oil by
Osmotics Cosmeceuticals ($58) – This all-natural conditioning oil is formulated with a luxurious blend of quick-absorbing oils rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids. Completely multi-tasking, it’s the best friend of the very busy lifestyler: Suitable to use in face, hands and body, it also tames away winter static and frizzy flyaways. Created with organic coconut oil, red raspberry oil and evening primrose oil, it’s perfect for all skin types.
7. Guac Star by FarmHouse Fresh ($22) – With a 98% natural formula, this avocado mask for the face and the body delivers long-lasting hydration unleashing the power of natural avocados, which support the outer layer of skin from oxidative stresses. Great to unwind after a long and stressful day, it can be kept in the fridge to give an immediate boost to the skin.
Great Tokens Of Love for Small Budgets
1. Home Spa Treatment System by Instrumental Beauty ($30) – This is one of the most efficient yet affordable personal care systems in the market. The large, waterproof rotary brush, is designed to cleanse and exfoliate the skin in a single gesture. With accessories to remove dead cells from the face, body, and sole of the feet, this is the ideal gift for fashionistas on a budget who hate flaky skin.
2. Custom eye shadows, face powder and complexion colors by ittsē ($6.99- $8.99) – ittsē is a completely customizable beauty palette system suitable for all skin types and shades. Their beautiful range of products includes over 100 high-quality and highly-pigmenting references. Choose from their impressive collection of eye-shadows in three finishes (pearl, sparkle, matte), their natural brow powders, or their complexion colors to create a uniquely curated palette. With one of the most beautiful packaging in the market, ittsē is the perfect gift for the discerning yet budget-conscious beauty lover. The palettes, priced at $21.99, are free with a $75 purchase.
3. Nail Polish by LIT NYC ($7.50) – This fun polish boasts a led-lighted nail cap to make applying nail polish a total breeze. Salon-quality, long-lasting and high-shine, the range is also 5-free of nasties (meaning they contain no camphor, formaldehyde, DBP, formaldehyde resin, or toluenes.)
4. Victoria Mexican Hot Chocolate by Victory Garden ($10.99) – Sourced from Oaxaca, this beautiful box is the ideal gift for the epicureans who cherish traditions. Manufactured in the traditional way, this box contains four disks of pure Mexican chocolate that is meant to be prepared with hot water and spices.
5. Finger Painting Weekend Workshop by Iris Scott (Publisher: Race Point) – Local artist Iris Scott is a 21st century impressionist that has freed her studio from brushes. She creates her works of art with her fingers and oil paint – and in this book she unveils her unique and ground-breaking technique. Conceived as a weekend workshop, it’s the ideal gift to start a new shared hobby.
6. Old School Bitters DIY Kit by MakersKit ($28) – This mixology kit is one of the coolest V-Day gifts out there! Complete with every root, flowers and peels needed to infuse your own bitters the old-school way, it can be the start of a new hobby or a great conversation starter. The kit includes citrus mix, spice mix, floral mix, stainless steel infuser ball, funnel, glass dropper bottle, paragon bottle, a round bottle, a burlap bag with recipe cards, and cocktail picks. Ideal to gift or to keep, this kit will surely unleash your inner Don Draper.
7. Botanical Bath Bar by Yardley of London ($1.59) – These decadent vintage chic bath bars created after the 17th-century classics are a nice and inexpensive token of love for any special person in your life. Highly hydrating, these elegant oval bath bars double as a potpourri and home decor.
Disclosure level 1: The author received NO compensation to write this post. The author received for consideration only samples of a few of the items described in the post. There are NO affiliate links in this post. The links included in pink are exclusively for the readers’ information and reference.