I am so glad to see that you’re reading New York For Beginners today, because I’m starting a 12-day special with my specially curated Holiday Gift Guides. In them you’ll find all sorts of gifting ideas from companies that will deliver them just in time for Christmas. So, if you haven’t started your letter to Santa yet, I suggest you stay tuned for what’s coming. I promise you’ll love it!
I’m starting my Gift Guide selection with a compilation of the best organic products you can find for the eco-conscious, vegan, and toxin-free special person in your life.
Looks like we could have a green Christmas this year Which is great as long as it snows on that day, d'ya hear Just that special day Then melt all away Let's not go overboard, can't wait for spring to appear
[A Green Christmas, by Jack Ellison]
1. The Green Beauty Rules ($21.95) is a great book authored by celebrity make-up artist Paige Padgett in which she explores the world of what she calls ‘healty’ make-up. This is an ideal gift for those who suffer from skin allergies or who want to switch to a more natural, eco-conscious beauty routine. Easy to read and extremely well explained, this is a great green gift that will help the recipient navigate the difference between natural and organic care, as well as identify potentially irritating or damaging chemical ingredients in their personal care routine.
2. Natural Glow From Head To Toe Set ($115), from Tata Harper. Rejuvenate, restore and revitalize the look of dull winter skin with
this luxurious natural and organic body collection from one of the most luxurious green brands. This set is designed to deliver a natural,
beautifully healthy glow from head to toe while polishing, perfecting, and deeply hydrating every inch of the body while calming and
comforting dry, irritated skin. The set includes the award-winning Smoothing Body Scrub (full size), the Revitalizing Body Oil (15 ml), a Fortifying Body Lotion (15 ml), a Rejuvenating Hand Cream (full size), and a Redefining Body Balm (15 ml.) This beauty set makes the perfect introductory gift to high-quality organic cosmetics, and is available exclusively at Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.
3. Le Diamond Dust Jasmine Fragrance ($245), by the Organic Pharmacy. This organic fragrance is one of the six limited edition scents the British brand is introducing for Christmas – and it includes fine diamond dust to give your skin a dazzling brillance. Orange Blossom, Oud, Oriental Blossom,
Jasmine, Rose Oud and Tuberose – it’s up to you. They all combine a unique blend of the finest
and rarest extracts, featuring the most luxurious
organic and fair-trade essential oils.
All hand-made and part of an extremely limited edition with only 500 units available, this is the ideal gift for your eco-chic friend.
4 and 5. 100% pure Coconut Soap ($10) and 100% pure Mint Lip Gift Set ($25). I recently came across 100 percent pure. which is an American beauty brand that creates organic cosmetics. Their soaps smell wonderfully well, and are made using a cold process system, which reduces the possibility of them having traces of caustic soda. Aside from making a really nice stocking stuffer, the Coconut Soap is the ideal gift for those friends who love travelling places from the comfort of their house. Believe me, the smell stays on your skin for quite a while and transports you far, far away from your stressing life. The Mint Lip Gift Set contains two natural lip balms in seasonal scents (berry mint and orange mint) and a peppermint sugar scrub to get a perfect and eco-chic smile.
6. Mini Rollerball Collection ($36) from Lavanila. This gift is ideal for the skeptical friend who thinks organic and high-performing can’t be together when speaking about cosmetics. This set contains 5 rollers in mouth-watering scents that can be worn alone or combined together (Pure Vanilla, Vanilla Grapefruit, Vanilla Coconut, Fresh Vanilla Lemon, and Vanilla Lavender.) Each fragrance pairs a blend of pure essential oils with a warm base of Madagascar vanilla for a unique scent that lingers on the skin for hours. This is an ideal gift for people with sensitive skin or concerned about the chemicals in traditional fragrances who don’t want to give up wearing a well-rounded scent.
7. Herbal Assortment Box ($12) from Tea Drops contains eight individually packed instant herbal teas in the most popular non-caffeine flavors of the brand: Citrus Ginger and Sweet Peppermint. USDA Organic certified, Tea Drops are pressed tea made with genuine tea leaves that dissolve in hot water. Each Tea Drop is handcrafted and infused with the finest organic teas, spices and earth-derived sweeteners to create a blissful tea blend. Simply pour boiling water in a cup, add a Tea Drop, stir and enjoy. Quick, delicious, portable, and convenient, this is a great gift for any friend who needs a break and wants to relax naturally anytime and anywhere.