Looking for fresh and easy hairstyle ideas for your busy Memorial Day weekend? Think no more. With this tutorial, you’ll be able to quickly take your look from the poolside to a night on the town without skipping a beat with a “two looks, one technique” style from Pureology Artist Sandra Joseph.
Creating a bubble ponytail
1. Begin by taking a parting above the left corner of the eye and slicing a diagonal line to the right corner in the back of the head. This will create two large sections of hair. Keeping the hair soft, apply a small amount of Pureology Colour Stylist Anti Breakage Twist shine texturizer throughout both sections to add extra texture and shine.
2. Secure a ponytail with an elastic in the right section. Add another elastic 1-2 inches beneath the first elastic. Push up the second elastic to create a bubble.
3. Gather all hair from the left section and secure with an elastic to the right ponytail, making one ponytail. Add another elastic 1-2 inches lower and again, push up the elastic to create a bubble. Continue this pattern until you reach the end of the ponytail. Layer Pureology Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray throughout the Bubble Pony for added support and shine.
4. To create a finished look, drape the Bubble Ponytail over one shoulder.
Creating a bubble chignon
5. For an easy chignon, take the Bubble Ponytail you created using the above steps and roll around the base, securing with bobby pins. Finish with another light mist of Pureology Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for added hold.
To find a salon, book an appointment or buy genuine Pureology products visit Pureology.com
Disclaimer level 0: Author received no compensation to write this article.
The chignon is super classy!!
Thanks for this comprehensive tutorial! Being a creative person, I like experimenting with my hair. By the way, your bubble ponytail is amazing! I`ll add it to my favourite list of ponytails .
You are welcome, Jess and Marina! I am glad you like the tutorial, because I am definitely in love with ponytails too 😉 Enjoy your day, and thank you for visiting and commenting!